Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I must be crazy.

I've looked for months for a jogging stroller. I thought I wanted a double, but then thought a double might be too big and bulky--plus then I'd end up pushing Mary around, and she's not little! So I found a single, at a great price and bought it. I was happy. But also a little guilty feeling. (Don't know why. I used the rest of my birthday money.) We used it to go to the library twice and to Boston once via subway. It was NOT subway friendly, by the way.

Then last week I read a trilogy about a girl in the Pacific Northwest in the 1850's. Something about the second book really got under my skin and I wanted to add it to our library. I checked Amazon for a used copy, hoping to get it cheap. No luck. I checked eBay. No luck. I checked the author's website. Nope. Used and out of print bookstores? None. Hmmm... now it became an obsession. I stayed awake at night wondering and worrying. I had found a couple of copies, but they started at almost $30--for a paperback!! No way! Vol 1 is widely available for less than $1, and vol 3 averages about $3. What's the deal?!

Then, I had an idea.

I put an ad on craigslist for the jogging stroller. I asked a little more than I paid. It was snapped up in less than 3 hours. She came and picked it up this morning. I then did some more sleuthing and found a new hard cover edition of my book for $20. Just one. The store (via Amazon) had good ratings, so I bought it. It should be here sometime next week.

And last night I slept fine.

I haven't told Nathan yet. He's going to think I'm nuts.

I think he might be right.

Next posting: our homemade seed sprouter. (I just need to see if it actually works first.)

(Yup, nuts.)

No comments: