Monday, May 25, 2009



Uncle Johnathan came on Wed for a surprise visit! He is Nathan's younger brother and will be with us until Wed morning. This is what the kids think of him:

Mary, out of the blue, at the dinner table on Thursday night: "Daddy, don't worry, I still love you, but... he's here."

Joseph: (We were playing "guess who I love" in the car, it was just the two of us. I said, "I love Daddy." Normally he would say, "I love Mommy" and then laugh and laugh. This time he thought hard and said, "Mommy love Daddy. JoJo love Unka Johna." (The way he says it, it sounds just like "oh darn it"--it's adorable!)

Lil'Nathan has learned valuable lessons from Uncle Johnathan--how to make origami frogs, how to solve a Rubik's Cube, etc... They spend hours just sitting and solving the cube over and over. Mary and Joseph are the official scramblers for when they finish.

Every meal there is a battle over who gets to sit next to Uncle Johnathan. What do they want for breakfast? Well, what is Uncle Johnathan having?

I hope they survive his departure!

I wonder if our other summer guests will recieve such a reception.






No comments: