Friday, June 22, 2012

A few random thoughts...

I am way too pregnant for it to be this hot.  (Though, I would likely still be miserable without my giant belly.)

$1 squirt bottles from Target are worth every penny.  The kids are outside soaking each other and have stopped pestering me.

I don't like ants.  At least they are grease ants and I only have to move the oils and nuts.  But nothing works to deter them.  Orange oil cleaners kill them... and smell good.  : )

We have guinea pigs now.  (Whole post later.)  Within 24 hrs one went lame.  I hope he pulls out of it.  Common, random older pig problem apparently.  The other two are babies.  And all are boys.  I checked.

Is it bad that I'm trying to bribe the baby to come a little early so I can go to the air conditioned hospital?  They have good food there, too, and I don't have to clean up after anyone.

I was telling Nathan the other day that I am little more around here than a tissue and maid.  He said he feels like a vending machine (especially on Sunday, when Charlie uses his pockets to hold Sacrament snacks.)

Nathan loves his job.  LOVES his job.  Almost all pediatrics, which is what he wanted to do when he first started on this career path.  And he works for a nice guy who cares about his patients and employees as actual people.  People.  Amazing.

I'm sure there's more, but it's too hot for me to think right now...

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh, I'm just thrilled to hear how he loves his new job! I'm so happy for both of you!!!

Hang in there on the pregnant in summer thing. I've been there. I totally understand.