Wednesday, October 1, 2008

An angel was watching over Joseph this afternoon. While I was making dinner, he pulled a bowl full of boiling water towards himself. It was on the counter, he was standing on the floor and reaching up. Had it spilled on him, it would have hit him directly in the face and run down his chest. I yelped and he pushed it back, but the water never even sloshed. He looked surprised and then showed me the spot on his finger where he felt the "hut" bowl.

Then my mind started racing. That was a close call. What would have been the right thing to do if it HAD poured on him: call 911? Rush to the hospital? Splash him with ice water and pack him in frozen vegetables while calling 911? Is "time of the essence" in treating a burn medically? What's more important, getting to the hospital or getting the burned skin cold?

I gave him a hug, kissed his "boo boo" and said a prayer of thanks to Heavenly Father for watching over and protecting my baby.

1 comment:

Olsen Clan said...

Hi Lisa,

I am glad to see your blog. I am excited that you are homeschooling. We just started our first year of homeschool this year also. I'd love to talk some time! Your family is getting so big and so cute!

Shaunie