Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A few weeks ago my friend Stephanie posted some pictures of her kids being "rocket stars". They were so cute! Yesterday we got our chance...

I sent Lil'Nathan to the closet to get a Christmas CD. He returned with a two song CD I talked my sister into downloading from i-Tunes. So, instead of the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and the 12 Pains of Christmas, we suddenly found ourselves rocking out to Promise (When in Rome) and Love and Affection (Nelson). Lil'Nathan really got into it, as you see...


Mary discarded her pomegranate to join us. She danced and spun and bounced and twirled and pretended to sing.


And of course, Joseph would not be left out, nor would he be outdone! He rocked right along with the rest of us.

I hadn't heard these songs since college and it was a total flashback. My roomates and I used to dance around the kitchen singing into kitchen utensils. Once, during finals, we even put all our hair in killer high ponytails, made good use of some REALLY red lipstick, and called over an FHE brother to act as photographer. We let all the stress of the semester out that night. I have some great pictures... but they are packed away, sorry.

In any event, it was nice to have some new songs in my head as I worked on Christmas presents last night. I've been stuck with all the songs from Pete's Dragon since Mary's birthday!

Oh my! I hear them again from the bedroom! I guess they liked it!

No comments: