Monday, July 13, 2009

Oops. I've caught some hot water for my Star Wars comment. Re-reading it this morning, I can see why. (So much for my attempt at self-deprecating humor.) May I clarify?

I have a friend who has accused us of negligent parenting b/c our kids had never seen Star Wars. He was further horrified to learn that we don't even own a copy of any of the movies. He assured me his kids will be quoting from it for their first words. I was able to pacify him (slightly) when I told him that Lil'Nathan has read many of the Star Wars books.

Hope that helps. I don't have anything against Star Wars, or any of the (original) movies. Wasn't too fond of the 1997 re-releases--that scene with the puny little Jabba the Hut and Han Solo was awful! Jabba is supposed to be big, remember?--and I felt that #1 and #2 were more concerned with special effects than story line, and I never did see #3 (though I spent a few hours online reading spoilers and scripts to see what happened--I had to know!) Anyway, I digress and will probably catch more flack, so I'd better stop now.

Star Wars is good. May the Force be with you.

No comments: