Tuesday, August 31, 2010

That house in Revere I said we liked?  Oops, guess I should have waited until we actually saw the inside.  I can honestly say, "That was the nastiest house I have ever seen!" (and in our price range, that's saying a lot!)  The realtor said he's seen worse, but not many.  Nathan was at work, so it was just me and the kids, and the realtor, of course--who seemed surprised by all the kids.  ("Did I meet all of these guys last time?"  Yup.  I guess it's easier to hide the vast number of them when we can spread them out between two adults.)

Anyway, where was I?

Oh, yes, house hunting... So it was with some trepidation that Nathan went to see another house today, this one in Methuen, 35 mi north of Boston.  Like the other, it looked good on the outside and had a nice write up.  Well...

 He said it was awesome! 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bath (yay for an extra toilet!), nice area, close to work (if he ends up in N. Andover as he suspects he will), and a decent yard.  Fireplace, too.  And a full attic and semi-finished basement.  Best of all, no holes in the floors, ceilings caving in, or moldy smell everywhere.  (The realtor apologized to him for taking his wife and kids into that hole yesterday!)

We are now looking at mortgage requirements and all that fun stuff.  I'll hopefully get to see it on Fri.

No comments: